archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Brett Porter" <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1 : network problem
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 06:20:06 GMT
2008/7/30 Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com>:
> Thanks.
>
> Is there any earlier warning "Could not connect to"... ?

Actually, this might be unlikely. I've checked and the java URL
connection that we're using seems to ignore an invalid proxy rather
than presenting an error.

I've added some additional code to log the proxy being used on each
request in debug mode (enabled by editing log4j.xml in the web app).

Can you also check that you have removed all the old wagon-* JARs from
WEB-INF/lib?

Thanks,
Brett

> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> 2008/7/30 Mark Johnson <amarkjohnson@gmail.com>:
>> I did not build, but downloaded the new tarball.  I have pasted the message
>> below.  The new information appears to be the "Connection Refused"
>> information:
>>
>> 2008-07-29 13:50:29,102 [btpool0-5] WARN
>> org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors  - Transfer
>> error from repository "central" for artifact
>> org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire:2.4.2::pom, continuing to next
>> repository. Error message: Download failure on resource [
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/surefire/surefire/2.4.2/surefire-2.4.2.pom]:Errortransferring
>> file (cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused)
>> 2008-07-29 13:50:29,119 [btpool0-5] ERROR
>> org.apache.maven.archiva.webdav.ArchivaDavResourceFactory  - Failures
>> occurred downloading from some remote repositories:
>>        central: Download failure on resource [
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/surefire/surefire/2.4.2/surefire-2.4.2.pom]:Errortransferring
>> file (cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
>> refused)org.apache.maven.archiva.policies.ProxyDownloadException: Failures
>> occurred downloading from some remote repositories:
>>        central: Download failure on resource [
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/surefire/surefire/2.4.2/surefire-2.4.2.pom]:Errortransferring
>> file (cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused)
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Are you able to build from source? I've just checked in some
>>> additional logging for proxying failures.
>>>
>>> The tarball above will be updated within an hour or so otherwise.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Brett

>>> only
>>> see

>>> not
>>> post

 Any
> [...]
>>> <
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.1/plexus-utils-1.1.pom%5D:Errortransferring

>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.1/plexus-utils-1.1.pom]:Errortransferring<http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.1/plexus-utils-1.1.pom%5D:Errortransferring>
>>> <
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.1/plexus-utils-1.1.pom%5D:Errortransferring

>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.1/plexus-utils-1.1.pom]:Errortransferring<http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.1/plexus-utils-1.1.pom%5D:Errortransferring>
>>> <
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.1/plexus-utils-1.1.pom%5D:Errortransferring

>>> org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors.fetchFromProxies(DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors.java:191)
>>> >> >

>>> org.apache.maven.archiva.webdav.ArchivaDavResourceFactory.fetchContentFromProxies(ArchivaDavResourceFactory.java:519)
>>> >> >

>>> org.apache.maven.archiva.webdav.ArchivaDavResourceFactory.doGet(ArchivaDavResourceFactory.java:423)
>>> >> >

>>> org.apache.maven.archiva.webdav.ArchivaDavResourceFactory.createResource(ArchivaDavResourceFactory.java:251)
>>> >> >

>>> org.apache.maven.archiva.webdav.RepositoryServlet.service(RepositoryServlet.java:117)
>>> >> >

>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
>>> >> >

>>> com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:189)
>>> >> >

>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
>>> >> >

>>> com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:39)
>>> >> >

>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
>>> >> >

>>> com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextCleanUp.java:88)
>>> >> >

>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
>>> >> >
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
>>> >> >

>>> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
>>> >> >
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
>>> >> >
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:722)
>>> >> >

>>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
>>> >> >

>>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
>>> >> >
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
>>> >> >
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
>>> >> >

>>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:828)
>>> >> >

>>> org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
>>> >> >

>>> org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)

how do I get
>>> hold
>>> is

from your