archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Zach Cox" <zcox...@gmail.com>
Subject Standalone SMTP settings
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2008 05:06:08 GMT
I'm trying out Archiva 1.1 in standalone mode, on Ubuntu 8.04 with JRE
1.6.0_06.  Archiva seems to run great except it's not sending any user
registration emails.  This server has a working ssmtp install used by
other apps, that just relays to our main mail server, so I'm not sure
why using "localhost" as the SMTP host doesn't work.

I also created a ~/.m2/security.properties file and set various smtp
properties to use an account on our main mail server, but Archiva
still won't send emails.  I looked through all of the log files, and
there are no email-related warnings or errors.

Is the standalone version just incapable of sending emails?  Is there
some other trick to getting emails to work?

Thanks,
Zach