archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Archiva serve up .swf/.swc artifacts?
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2008 14:26:39 GMT
On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Scott Williams
<scott@jeeprofessional.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your help.  How does one add a new index-content file type?  I
> added **/*.swf and **/*.swc to the "Repository Scanning - File Types" page
> on the "Repository Scanning" left nav tab, selected "Scan Repository Now"
> and nothing changed, I can only Download the pom of the .swfs/.swcs and not
> the actual artifact.

I think you have to do both "Scan Repository Now" and "Update Database".

In addition, it may not "see" things with a file timestamp that is
older than the last scan.

First, try "Update Database", then if that doesn't work, try
"touch"ing the file to change the timestamp.

If that still doesn't work, then stop Archiva, delete the database and
index files, and re-start it.  Scan and update again, and the files
should show up.

Please let us know the results, IMO this is something that needs to be
improved.  (You can also find us on irc.codehaus.org in #archiva .)

Thanks,
--
Wendy