archiva-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <david.delb...@oma.be>
Subject Re: How to change the version of an artifact
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 12:15:03 GMT
Le Wednesday 04 June 2008 11:26:15 Robin Roos, vous avez écrit :
> Hi Folks
>
> Some of the artifacts in our Archiva instance have been loaded with the
> wrong version number.  Is there an easy way to alter the version number,
> either at the disk level or through the web application ?
>
> Thanks, Robin.

> Before acting on this e mail or opening any attachment please read the
> disclaimer which can be accessed at
> http://www.investec.com/EmailDisclaimer/UKEmailDisclaimer.htm Investec Bank
> (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
> Authority.

> This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning
> Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
> http://www.mci.com
>
> Investec Bank (UK) Limited
> Registered office: 2 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7QP Company No: 00489604
> Incorporated in England and Wales

The easiest way is to remove them and redeploy with correct version number.
Manual change implies:

- moving jars and poms from package/oldversion/package-oldversion.* to
package/newversion/package-newversion.*
- change, in all poms, the version number (sed might be your friend on linux)
- regenerate checksums and signature of files.

--
David Delbecq
Institut Royal Météorologique