archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Choosing which repositories you install to
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 18:51:01 GMT
On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 11:38 AM, EJ Ciramella <ejciramella@upromise.com> wrote:

> Ok, so for things like repo1 (where I want to set up archiva as a proxy
> AND configure multiple mirrors in case of unavailability), do I use the
> <proxy> settings in settings.xml

That configuration is for an http proxy.  For example, if you need to
configure a proxy in your browser in order to see external websites,
then you'd need to tell Maven about the proxy so it could contact the
central repo.  Most likely, even if you are behind a proxy, you don't
want your developers to access the central repo directly.

> or do I set up repo1 (and a few mirrors) as remote repositories?

Yep.  Set up one of your managed repositories to proxy the central
repo, and then your developers only need to know about the internal
repositories.

--
Wendy