archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Maria Odea Ching" <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Endless loop in "Dependency Tree" in cyclic dependencies?
Date Sun, 04 May 2008 07:06:26 GMT
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Denis Schettl <denis.schettl@hzd.hessen.de>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> i have the following problem:
> when i look the the view "dependencies" for an artifact, all runs well.
> But
> when I select the view "Dependency Tree" nothings happends (a new page
> will
> be loaded, but never displayed). Look at OS-Level (Linux) with top, I see
> an
> java-process with 102% cpu-Usage - endless.
> When I go back with the browser and select the save view again, then I
> will
> have 163% cpu-usage for the java-process ....
> This will happends with archiva 1.0.1 and 1.0.2, but not with 1.0. I think
> that there will be an cyclic dependency in my artifact and archiva is not
> able to detect an endless loop while building the dependency-tree ....
>
> This happends only on special artifacts .... My developers just starts to
> use archiva, but two times all the cpu's was eaten by 1 java-process. When
> stopped and restarted archiva all was o.k. until the next user is
> selecting
> this view ....

I haven't been looking much in Archiva's Browse section, so I haven't
observed or experienced this problem.
Anyway, can you file a jira issue for this pls? :-)

Is there posibility to deaktivate this view in archiva?

You can comment out or hide that tab by editing the showArtifact.jsp page as
a workaround.

Is there anybody with the same problem?