archiva-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Vojakine <vojak...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: 1.0 to 1.0.2 webapp upgrade fails
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:13:12 GMT
I got it

thanks for the tip Brett!

after you stop Catalina and replace the war file remove db.lck and
dbex.lck files from your database's directories.

Andrei

From:
"Brett Porter" <brett.porter@gmail.com>
To:
archiva-users@maven.apache.org
Date:
04/14/2008 07:06 PM
Re: 1.0 to 1.0.2 webapp upgrade fails

is there a later exception that gives a better hint? Maybe they were
locked and the lockfile needs to be removed?

http://www.mail-archive.com/archiva-users@maven.apache.org/msg00232.html

>  but it doesn't work. Every time I try stating Catalina with existing
Derby
>  databases I get this error:
>
>  2008-04-14 16:32:07,484 [main] WARN
>  net.sf.ehcache.config.ConfigurationFactory  - No configuration found.
>  Configuring ehcache from ehcache-failsafe.xml  found in the classpath:

jar:file:/opt/proxy/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/archiva/WEB-INF/lib/ehcache-1.3.0.jar!/ehcache-failsafe.xml
>  2008-04-14 16:32:08,200 [main] ERROR JPOX.RDBMS.Schema  - Failed
>  initialising database. Please check that your database JDBC driver is
>  accessible, and the database URL and username/password are correct.
>  Exception : Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to start
>  database '/opt/proxy/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/archiva/users', see the next
>  exception for details.)
>  org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
>  PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to start database
>  '/opt/proxy/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/archiva/users', see the next exception
>  for details.)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1225)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)
>         at
>  org.jpox.util.FailoverUtils.getConnection(FailoverUtils.java:51)
>         at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager.<init>(RDBMSManager.java:244)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>  Method)
>         at

>         at

>         at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)

--
Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/