archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Chaffee" <jason_chaf...@tvworks.com>
Subject RE: metadata -updater does not appear to be working!
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 23:25:13 GMT
1) touching the old jar, seems to work.

2) I add new builds with maven and not Archiva, and it will increment
from the last build number so the next build will not be 4, it will be
6.  If, the metatdata file isn't updated first.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Porter [mailto:brett.porter@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 4:08 PM
To: archiva-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: metadata -updater does not appear to be working!

Ah, sorry I wasn't clear. I was referring to the timestamp on the
filesystem - if you touch the JAR you listed and scan again, is the
metadata updated?

Likewise, does adding a new build instead of removing work?

- Brett

On 09/04/2008, Jason Chaffee <jason_chaffee@tvworks.com> wrote:
> I can confirm that both timestamp and build number are the problem.
>
>  For example, here is the latest artifact on the file system:
>
>         test-1.0-2008407.211352-3.jar
>
>  here is the metatdata file:
>
>         <metadata>
>           <groupId>chaffee.jason.test</groupId>
>           <artifactId>test</artifactId>
>           <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>           <versioning>
>             <snapshot>
>               <buildNumber>5</buildNumber>
>               <timestamp>20080407.212453</timestamp>
>           </snapshot>
>           <lastUpdated>20080407212454</lastUpdated>
>         </versioning>
>       </metadata>

Can
>  you confirm whether the timestamp check is the problem?
>
>  - Brett
>
>  [1]

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/archiva/branches/archiva-1.0.x/archiva-base

/archiva-repository-layer/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/archiva/reposit
>  ory/metadata/MetadataTools.java?revision=642426&view=markup
>  [2]

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/archiva/branches/archiva-1.0.x/archiva-base

/archiva-consumers/archiva-core-consumers/src/main/java/org/apache/maven

/archiva/consumers/core/MetadataUpdaterConsumer.java?revision=642426&vie