archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Doron Solomon" <doron.solo...@ericsson.com>
Subject Separating base from installation
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:54:32 GMT
Hi,

I'm installing the standalone distribution of archiva and I'm trying to
separate the base from the installation (as suggested in the admin guide
at
http://maven.apache.org/archiva/docs/1.0.2/adminguide/standalone.html).
By doing so, I'm unable to start archiva, whereas I have no problems
when the base and installation are together.  I'm running archiva 1.0.2
on solaris-sparc-32 with JRE 1.6.0_03.

When I start archiva I get a FileNotFoundException saying that
<install_dir>/conf/classworlds.conf doesn't exist, which is true since I
moved conf/ to my <base_dir> as described in the installation section of
the admin guide.  This seems to be caused by line 26 of wrapper.conf,
which defines the java property classworlds.conf as
%PLEXUS_HOME%/conf/classworlds.conf.  If we're supposed to move conf/ to
the location of PLEXUS_BASE, shouldn't this be
%PLEXUS_BASE%/conf/classworlds.conf?

To test my theory, I tried modifying the wrapper.conf file to find
classworlds.conf in %PLEXUS_BASE%/conf/classworlds.conf.  Doing this,
archiva starts up but fails to find my existing databases in
%PLEXUS_BASE%/data; it prompts me to create an admin user as if I'm
using it for the first time.

Has anyone else succeeded in using archiva using this 'split'
installation/base model?  Any ideas on how to make this work are greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Doron