archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web UI to upload into local archiva?
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 17:26:06 GMT
On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Cheng Wei Lee <zhenwei.li@gmail.com> wrote:

> I followed the instructions here
>  http://maven.apache.org/archiva/docs/1.0.1/userguide/deploy.html.

In order for us to help, we need to know what you typed, and what
happened (which presumably differed from what you *expected* to
happen.)  Deploying third-party jars to Archiva works fine for me, but
it does take some setup.

> Is it possible for me to copy the file directory to the directory? I'm basically installing
archiva on my PC.

No, you should not just copy files into place.  Maven and Archiva both
need the metadata files and checksums that get created by using the
'deploy' process.

As I mentioned, if you're working on the same machine, you can deploy
to a file:// url, which eliminates the trouble you may be running into
with repository credentials and webdav.

--
Wendy