archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: Any way to ignore LayoutExceptions?
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:41:21 GMT
>From a more general perspective, I would say it looks like the direct browsing functionality
has inappropriately mixed filesystem traversal logic with database traversal logic.  (When
I say 'direct browsing' I mean via the /archiva/repository URL).   In other words, it looks
like it is using filesystem awareness to list the leaf contents of a node, but then validate
the leaf elements against the database.   Why not just traverse the nodes in the database,
display only what is indexed.   Then look at the indexing layer to tackle the question of
what is valid to be indexed.  And make me happy by making the layout format a user-configurable
option, including "unrestricted".  :)   Let Maven enforce the rigid Maven-specific assumptions,
then maybe Archiva can expand its value proposition larger than just the subset of Maven users.