archiva-users mailing list archives

From "MATHUS Baptiste" <mathu...@mipih.fr>
Subject Forbid artifact overriding [was:TR: [deploy-plugin] Abort deploy when a target is present]
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:49:59 GMT
Hi all,

Is it already possible with archiva to forbid that a released artifact be overridden?
I checked the archiva interface, and it seems it doesn't, but I prefer re-checking here.

I didn't find any feature request about this in the tracker, I guess this should be added,
shouldn't I?

Thanks a lot.
--
Baptiste

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Wayne Fay [mailto:waynefay@gmail.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 27 mars 2008 16:22
À : Maven Users List
Objet : Re: [deploy-plugin] Abort deploy when a target is present

Others have asked about this previously. I would imagine it is filed in JIRA if you go look
for it.

The general response is, you can manage the rwx bits on your deployed artifacts to avoid this
happening. Off the top of my head, I think a cron job that modifies the ACLs for deployed
non-snapshot artifacts that runs once an hour should do it. Or perhaps you could modify the
umask for the user that runs the deploys. Or any number of alternatives.

Also I would assume the various repo managers are building this functionality into their products
(eg, do not allow to overwrite, return fail when attempted).

If you're just using a dumb file repo, you're going to have to be responsible for this on
your own for now, at least until someone gets inspired to add bits to wagon and other places
to support the feature.

Wayne