archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not able to login to archiva using newly created user
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:18:28 GMT
On Feb 17, 2008 11:59 PM, Pahwa, Sunita <Sunita.Pahwa@keane.com> wrote:

> Which file I need to change in the data folder of archiva to flip the
> validated bit?

You would need to use a client like Squirrel SQL to connect to the
database and edit it using SQL statements.

The quickest way to "fix" this is probably to add the following line
to security.properties:

email.validation.required=false

See:  http://redback.codehaus.org/configuration.html

> Also, When I click on "resend validation" for newly created user, it
> gives me following error:
> 2008-02-18 12:24:38,942 [SocketListener0-0] ERROR
> org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xw
> ork.mail.Mailer:default  - Unable to send message, subject [Welcome to
> Maven Archiva]
> org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSenderException: Error while sending
> the message.

Is there more to the stack trace?  I didn't see the root cause in what
you pasted.  We don't need the whole thing, just look for the real
reason it's having trouble.  My guess is that you need to configure
the smtp server so it can send mail.

--
Wendy