archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: Artifacts not being indexed
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:13:59 GMT

I found a bit easier way, but I'll hang onto those other instructions.
In the Archiva GUI I just deleted the repository and selected
"configuration only".  Then I re-created it, scanned, updated.  As I
hoped, this time the metadata was generated and the artifacts were
browse-able.

> Re-start, and then scan and update (in that order.)

Can you explain what's the difference in scan vs. update and the reason
that scan needs to be done before update?  Not that I doubt you, I just
want to understand the product.

> When you say they can't be browsed, are you seeing an error message?

No error message.  I just start drilling down from the top level of the
'browse' screen down into the group level, and the module does not
appear in the list.

> I've had problems when I'm missing a parent pom in the repository.  It
> will say it can't find the object model or some such thing.

I have seen that happen when a pom was missing, malformed, or contained
unexpected information.  That was not the case this time.

> What version of Archiva are you using?  Is it standalone (Plexus
> Appserver) or are you using the war file in Tomcat/Jetty/etc.?

1.0.1 war on Tomcat 5.5.25

Thanks