archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Brett Porter" <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiva crashes after a couple of days
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:25:54 GMT
On 23/02/2008, Eric Miles <eric.miles@kronos.com> wrote:
> Wow, you got us beat.  Those are pretty large repos.  Maybe the Archiva
>  team can comment on this.
>
>  I'm interested to hear what they say.

I run it on localhost with just around 500M which is all the stuff
from central that I use on a daily basis.

We've successfully run it on a copy of the central repository which I
believe has a similar number of artifacts but is not as large. I have
also run it on an 80G repo that was mostly very large files, so a
smaller number of artifacts.

We have got some reports of excessive memory use (which might cause
this) over a large number of proxy requests and James has been
investigating that recently.

I think we can certainly resolve this problem with more investigation
if it continues - but it really needs some more information on what is
happening in that environment and narrowing down the possible causes.

Cheers,
Brett
--
Brett Porter