archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Heck, Joe" <Joe.H...@disney.com>
Subject RE: Artifacts not being indexed
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:55:43 GMT

From:
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 10:31 AM
To: archiva-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: RE: Artifacts not being indexed

External process writing to the filesystem.

> The first thing I'd track down is why there is no metadata file.
>
> There is a checkbox in the Archiva config that will make it create
> missing metadata files.  Try checking that box and then clicking
> 'scan' and then 'update database'.  Does it now show up in browse?

It does not.  That checkbox appears to be enabled by default, and I have
been doing 'scan' and 'update database', so no luck there.  Strangely,
when this happens, the artifacts show up in a search, but you can't
browse to them.  I mean they don't show up under the /archiva/browse
URL, you can use the /repository URL and see them there just fine.

> (I've seen it create missing metadata files.  I'm less sure about its
> ability to repair broken ones.)

It does create missing metadata files, but the process seems to be very
hit-or-miss, and shows almost nothing in the way of useful feedback or
diagnostics.

Is there some other, more decisive manual way to force it to re-scan the
entire filesystem and recreate the metadata files?