archiva-users mailing list archives

From Mester Of Jester <mester1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Setup Help - you have entered an incorrect username and/or password
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:02:26 GMT
Hi all;

I tried searching for this problem but couldn't find a reference. I installed Archiva 1.0.1
on tomcat 6 on a debian machine. I followed the instructions on the admin guide. I was able
to login as admin and create few users. My users can access the maven repository by using
direct URL, (even when I lock the guest account my users can authenticate with their username
passwords when using the direct url for the repository.) i.e. http://hostname:8080/archiva/repository/internal/
But they cannot login using the management user interface. When ever I try to enter username
password I get the error "You entered an incorrect username and/or password".
I tried to look at the log files and couldn't find anything relevant. Not sure if the two
problems are related or not but I have not recieved any emails from Archiva as well. So I
have two questions:
1. any idea on how I can fix the incorrect username password problem from the web application
2. Where can I change the mail settings? (our university mail policy is probably blocking
everything, I need to set it up to use our servers. )

Thank you for your help

M.