archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to use "Find Artifact"
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 18:00:53 GMT
On Jan 8, 2008 9:45 AM, Zemian Deng <keepitsimple12@gmail.com> wrote:

> The menu item "Find Artifact" seems very confusing. Is it allowing me to
> upload a artifact into an internal repo? why not label so "upload artifact"?
>
> Also, the notes on this form is very confusing too. For example: "The entire
> file will *not* be uploaded to the server."??? Do you mean to say it will
> not be on server until it's completely finished upload like progress bar is
> reached to 100%?

No, it's allowing you to find an artifact that already exists in the
repository by calculating a checksum locally, uploading the checksum,
and comparing that to the checksums of the artifacts in the repo.

There is a request open for an upload capability:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-216

--
Wendy