archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Brett Porter" <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Archiva promote a jar?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:40:19 GMT
This is a feature that has already been on the roadmap, but not present in 1.0.

Unfortunately there is no easy workaround - it would really be a
matter of moving the files on the filesystem, or perhaps using the mvn
deploy:deploy-file goal to publish to the certified repo.

Another alternative is to have the certified repo proxy the internal
one, and construct a whitelist for the artifacts you have certified.

Cheers,
Brett

On 24/01/2008, Chris Helck <Chris.Helck@us.icap.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to have two managed repos: internal and certified. The internal
> is used by developers and is wide open to the web. The certified repo is
> tightly controlled. I'd like a limited set of users to be able to
> promote a set of poms/jars from the internal repo to the certified repo.
> Can this be done? Can it be done easily?
>
> Example: A new version of commons-lang comes out (say version 3.8) and
> developers modify their poms to use it. It gets uploaded to the internal
> repo and everything is ok. When development makes a release, the
> certification group promotes the new commons-lang pom/jar to their repo
> and do a certified build against it. If the cert group does not promote
> the pom/jar then the build fails.
>
> Regards,
> Christopher Helck

> This communication and all information (including, but not limited to,
>  market prices/levels and data) contained therein (the "Information") is
>  for informational purposes only, is confidential, may be legally
>  privileged and is the intellectual property of ICAP plc and its affiliates
>  ("ICAP") or third parties. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
>  lost by any mistransmission. The Information is not, and should not
>  be construed as, an offer, bid or solicitation in relation to any
>  financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction.
>  The Information is not warranted, including, but not limited, as to
>  completeness, timeliness or accuracy and is subject to change
>  without notice. ICAP assumes no liability for use or misuse of the
>  Information. All representations and warranties are expressly
>  disclaimed. The Information does not necessarily reflect the views of
>  ICAP. Access to the Information by anyone else other than the
>  recipient is unauthorized and any disclosure, copying, distribution or
>  any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited. If
>  you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
>  copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
>  notify the sender.

Brett Porter