archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Maria Odea Ching" <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: remote repositories verse proxy connectors...??
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:36:57 GMT
Hi Mick,

I was able to get the dashboard-maven-plugin via a proxy so there must be
something wrong with your current configuration..

Anyway, I've detailed below what you need to configure in Archiva and in
your settings.xml:
------------
1. Create a local proxy repo (e.g. managed repo) or you could just use
Archiva's pre-configured managed repo 'snapshots' as the proxy.
2. Create a remote repository--this is the one you want to proxy. In your
case, it's the Codehaus snapshots repo. Let's say you've set it's repo ID as
'codehaus.snapshots'.
3. In the Proxy Connectors page, create a new proxy connector. For the
Managed Repo field, set it's value to 'snapshots', and for the Remote Repo
field set the value to 'codehaus.snapshots'. Then save the proxy connector.
4. In your settings.xml file, add the following in the <pluginRepositories>
section:

   <pluginRepository>
      <id>snapshots</id>
      <name>Snapshots Repo</name>
      <url>http://localhost:8080/archiva/repository/snapshots/</url>
    </pluginRepository>

and if you don't have the 'guest' user account activated for the 'snapshots'
repository, you need to specify this in the <servers> section of your
settings.xml file as well:

    <server>
      <id>snapshots</id>
      <username>USERNAME</username>
      <password>PASSWORD</password>
    </server>

The username and password must be the Archiva user credentials which has
either the Repository Manager or Repository Observer role for the
'snapshots' repo.

Please verify what you've already got configured with the configuration
above..

HTH,
Deng