archiva-users mailing list archives

From Ben Lidgey <ben.lid...@inuknetworks.com>
Subject Editing roles for repositories
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:06:07 GMT

I have added two users to the default archiva 1.0 release:

* developer should only be able to manage/deploy to the snapshots repository and observe the
internal one.
* cc should only be able to manage/deploy to the internal repository and observe the snapshots
one.

On the user roles screen for the "developer" user I get a page like:

User Roles
Username:  developer
Full Name: Developer
Email:     developer@dot.com

Available Roles
Global Roles

[ ] Global Repository Manager
[ ] Global Repository Observer
[ ] Guest
[x] Registered User
[ ] System Administrator
[ ] User Administrator

Resource Roles
         Repository Manager Repository Observer
Internal  [ ]                [x]
Snapshots [x]

And for "cc"

User Roles
Username:       cc
Full Name:      Cruise Control
Email:  email@dot.com

Available Roles
Global Roles

[ ] Global Repository Manager
[ ] Global Repository Observer
[ ] Guest
[ ] Registered User
[ ] System Administrator
[ ] User Administrator

Resource Roles
          Repository Manager Repository Observer
Internal   [x]                [x]

A few questions:

1. Why for "developer" does it show both "Internal" and "Snapshots" repositories but only
a check box for Repository Manager for "Snapshots", with no check box in "Repository Observer"?

2. Why does the "snapshots" repository not appear for the "cc" user?

3. What is the difference between Guest and Registered User?

Ben Lidgey
Senior Software Engineer
e: ben.lidgey@inuknetworks.com

Inuk Networks Limited
Enterprise House
Navigation Park
Abercynon
CF45 4SN
t: +44 (0)1443 882 537
f: +44 (0)1443 742 568
w: www.inuknetworks.com

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that any use, dissemination, printing or copying of
this email is strictly prohibited.