archiva-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud Bailly <abai...@oqube.com>
Subject Re: Problem adding a user
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:56:43 GMT

Hi Arnaud,

This is a known issue in 1.0 (and 1.0-beta-4 as well). I already filed a
jira for this, and here it is:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-584

The work around is to click 'Resend Validation' in the User Account page
so a validation email is sent to the user and the user can login to
Archiva after validating his/her account.

Anyway, you've also mentioned in your email that you couldn't send an
email? Was this when you've tried with the 'Resend Validation' button?

Hello,
I cannot send an email because the server is not configured for sending
mails: this is a corporate setting with tight secuirty rules so sending mail
requires authoriszation to log in smtp server....

Anyway, I find it strange that one needs an email to validate an account.

Reagards