archiva-users mailing list archives

From Matthieu Godlewski <Matthieu.Godlew...@reuters.com>
Subject Which maven repository manager for high availability ?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:44:12 GMT
Hy,

Several teams use maven in our development center. Until then, each was
managing its own maven repository policy.

We are setting up a transversal project and wish unify/rationalize the
way we use maven repository (cache, mirror and distribution management).

We're currently studying the maven repository manager of the market.
Only two of them stay in game: Archiva and Artifactory.

The chosen solution should fulfill our high availability requirement.
The available documentation on this point is pretty poor for Archiva:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/High+Availability+Archiva

and the feature is just listed for Artifactory (Distributed Artifactory
mesh support):

http://www.jfrog.org/sites/artifactory/1.2/features.html

I'm sure some of you have an idea of the capabilities of these two
products. Please share :-)

Matthieu Godlewski

This email was sent to you by Reuters, the global news and information company.

except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Limited.

Reuters Limited is part of the Reuters Group of companies, of which Reuters Group PLC is the
ultimate parent company.
Reuters Group PLC - Registered office address: The Reuters Building, South Colonnade, Canary
Wharf, London E14 5EP, United Kingdom
Registered No: 3296375
Registered in England and Wales