archiva-users mailing list archives

From Kristof Jozsa <...@ond.vein.hu>
Subject RepositoryMetadataExceptions
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:13:36 GMT
Hi,

I think I'm having some progress with my archiva proxy-setup using mirrorOf="*".
I started again from scratch, fetched archiva beta2, unpacked, configured all
remote repositories I'd need and set up the managed internal repo to be a proxy
of them all.

As a test, I'm trying to build archiva-beta3 from svn now via 'mvn clean
install', with a wiped local repository. (This would be the real smoke-test as
other developers will have a clean install of maven with a mirrorOf="*" settings
and no files in their local repository).

The build error looks like this:

--
Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin' from
the repository: Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list
that is not appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:pom:2.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
 for project org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin
--

and Archiva's console output shows this exceptions:

--
2007-10-19 13:06:02,345 [SocketListener0-3] WARN
org.apache.maven.archiva.repository.metadata.MetadataTools  - Unable to read
/usr/local/java/apache-archiva-1.0-beta-2/data/repositories/internal/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-clean-plugin/maven-metadata-codehaus.xml
--

Where "codehaus" is the repository name I've chosen for the configured
snapshots.repository.codehaus.org. The file does not exists indeed and I get

Any ideas what happens here?

Kristof