archiva-users mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: Clarification of Proxy Policies
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 03:53:37 GMT
James William Dumay wrote:
> Hey guys,
> Im in need of some clarification about the Proxy connector policies. I
> cannot find any documentation about them -  could someone fill me in?
>
> Thanks
> James

Sointenly!

Currently, they exist in javadoc only.

http://maven.apache.org/archiva/1.0/apidocs/org/apache/maven/archiva/policies/package-summary.html

Note: a policy of "ignored" is the same as "skip", in other words, don't
even test the policy.
The "ignored" policy setting is available on all policies.

cached-failures:
    cached = policy indicates that if the URL provided exists in the
cached failures pool, then the policy fails, and the download isn't even
attempted.

checksum:
    fail = policy indicates that if the checksum does not match the
downloaded file, then remove the downloaded artifact, and checksum
files, and fail the transfer to the client side.
    fix = policy indicates that if the checksum does not match the
downloaded file, then fix the checksum file locally, and return to the
client side the corrected checksum.

releases:
    daily = policy means that the artifact retrieval occurs only if one
of the following conditions are met...
       * The local artifact is not present.
       * The local artifact has a last modified timestamp older than
(now - 1 day).
    hourly = policy means that the artifact retrieval occurs only if one
of the following conditions are met...
       * The local artifact is not present.
       * The local artifact has a last modified timestamp older than
(now - 1 hour).
    once = policy means that the artifact retrieval occurs only if the
local artifact is not present. This means that the retreival can only
occur once.

snapshots:

--
- Joakim Erdfelt