archiva-users mailing list archives

From Angel Sotirov <an...@devbg.piranko.com>
Subject Re: help on downloading through the proxy
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 21:44:14 GMT

cbrown wrote:
> When i try to download component through archiva, it fails, and the
> archiva console shows;
>
> INFO: RepositoryServlet: Authorization Denied
> [ip=172.17.1.3,isWriteRequest=false,permission=archiva-read-repository,repo=internal]
: no matching permissions
> Oct 4, 2007 1:43:46 PM org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$Context
> log
>
> what am I missing?
>
> in settings.xml I have;
>
>   <settings>
>
>     <servers>
>       <server>
>         <id>releases</id>
>         <username>cbrown</username>
>         <password>...pw snipped...</password>
>       </server>
>     </servers>
>
>     <profiles>
>       <profile>
>         <id>myprofile</id>
>         <activation>
>           <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
>         </activation>
>         <repositories>
>           <repository>
>             <id>internal</id>
>             <name>Archiva Mirror of Central</name>
>
> <url>http://neo.atsdev.sensis.com:8080/archiva/repository/internal</url>
>           </repository>
>         </repositories>
>       </profile>
>     </profiles>
>
>   </settings>

Yeah i had the same problem with my first installation.
Resolution seem to be adding a server with the same ID as your
repository in this case:

      <server>
- -->     <id>internal</id>
        <username>username</username>
        <password>password</password>
      </server>

be sure that the username and the password are properly configured in
Archiva and have all required permissions.

Hope this would help.

Angel.