archiva-users mailing list archives

From rjhazelwood <>
Subject Checksum for maven-metadata.xml missing
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 00:45:08 GMT

I am using Archiva 1.0 Beta 2 (running on Tomcat 5.5.17) to proxy Maven
Central. I have a managed repository called "public" and have a proxy
connector from central (remote repository) to "public" repository.

When I use this repository for maven build, I see many checksum failed
warnings. (See Maven Debug)
[WARNING] *** CHECKSUM FAILED - Error retrieving checksum file for
org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-clean-plugin/maven-metadata.xml - IGNORING
Caused by:

When I browse to that artifact (e.g.
I see maven-metadata-central.xml, maven-metadata-central.xml.md5,
maven-metadata-central.xml.sha1, maven-metadata.xml.
What do I need to do, so that checksum for maven-metadata.xml are generated?

Ricky Maven debug
Sent from the archiva-users mailing list archive at

View raw message