archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors using Archiva as a proxy
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:17:38 GMT
On 9/12/07, Campbell, Jeff <Jeff_Campbell@intuit.com> wrote:

> If I open a web browser to the following URL:
> ://localhost:8080/archiva/repository/internal/ I get a prompt to enter a
> username and password.  If I put one of my usernames in (that I setup
> from the Archiva UI), then it will log me in.
>
> What am I doing wrong?  Do I have to create a "mvn" user in Archiva to
> allow a "mvn install" to be performed?  Can I remove the requirement to
> have to use a username and password?  Am I just doing everything wrong?

The repositories are secured by default.  If you want them to be
visible without logging in, you can grant Repository Observer roles to
the 'guest' user.

If you do that and try the build again, you'll probably need to add -U
to the command line or clear your local repository to force Maven to
try again to download that plugin.

--
Wendy