archiva-users mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: Proxying central repo
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 01:58:00 GMT

On 18/07/2007, at 11:41 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On 7/17/07, Paul Smith <psmith@aconex.com> wrote:
>
>> I think I might have buggered something somewhere.  When trying to do
>> a test of proxying the central repo with Archive, I'm getting this in
>> the archiva logs:
>
> What version are you using?  1.0-alpha-2 comes pre-configured to proxy
> the central repo.

[root@forge .m2]# ll /aconex/archiva
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 26 Jul 18 08:39 /aconex/archiva -> apache-
archiva-1.0-alpha-2

>> http://forge.engr.acx:8080/repository/central
>>
>> Which I'm assuming is the base of the proxy gives me a 404 error.
>
> Try http://.../repository/internal (unless you configured 'central'
> yourself... )

I can browse that ok, because that's my internal repo, but that
doesn't show me any content from the real Maven central repo (such as
junit).

>> I've setup the Guest account with all the Repository Observer roles
>

> Let us know what version and what additional configuration you've
> done.  Maybe paste your archiva.xml if you're still having trouble.

Here's my archiva.xml (below). I notice I added a whitelist of *
again, even though it was already there (i can't delete it with the
UI, but could probably edit the xml if necessary). I also formatted
it using TextMate to make it easier to read, but obviously it's all
non-indented on the server.

Given I really shouldn't have done much configuring, I wonder if I
should blow away the archiva.xml and start again.  It'll only take
about 2 minutes to do.

cheers and thanks.

Paul

<configuration>
   <version>1</version>
   <repositoryScanning>
     <fileTypes>
       <fileType>
         <id>artifacts</id>
         <patterns>
           <pattern>**/*.pom</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.jar</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.ear</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.war</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.car</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.sar</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.mar</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.rar</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.dtd</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.tld</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.tar.gz</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.tar.bz2</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.zip</pattern>
         </patterns>
       </fileType>
       <fileType>
         <id>indexable-content</id>
         <patterns>
           <pattern>**/*.txt</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.TXT</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.block</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.config</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.pom</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.xml</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.xsd</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.dtd</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.tld</pattern>
         </patterns>
       </fileType>
       <fileType>
         <id>auto-remove</id>
         <patterns>
           <pattern>**/*.bak</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*~</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*-</pattern>
         </patterns>
       </fileType>
       <fileType>
         <id>ignored</id>
         <patterns>
           <pattern>**/.htaccess</pattern>
           <pattern>**/KEYS</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.rb</pattern>
           <pattern>**/*.sh</pattern>
           <pattern>**/.svn/**</pattern>
           <pattern>**/.DAV/**</pattern>
         </patterns>
       </fileType>
     </fileTypes>
     <knownContentConsumers>
       <knownContentConsumer>update-db-artifact</knownContentConsumer>
       <knownContentConsumer>create-missing-checksums</
knownContentConsumer>
       <knownContentConsumer>update-db-repository-metadata</
knownContentConsumer>
       <knownContentConsumer>validate-checksum</knownContentConsumer>
       <knownContentConsumer>validate-signature</knownContentConsumer>
       <knownContentConsumer>index-content</knownContentConsumer>
       <knownContentConsumer>auto-remove</knownContentConsumer>
       <knownContentConsumer>auto-rename</knownContentConsumer>
     </knownContentConsumers>
     <invalidContentConsumers>
       <invalidContentConsumer>update-db-bad-content</
invalidContentConsumer>
     </invalidContentConsumers>
   </repositoryScanning>
   <databaseScanning>
     <cronExpression>0 0 0 * * ?</cronExpression>
     <unprocessedConsumers>
       <unprocessedConsumer>index-artifact</unprocessedConsumer>
       <unprocessedConsumer>update-db-project</unprocessedConsumer>
       <unprocessedConsumer>validate-repository-metadata</
unprocessedConsumer>
       <unprocessedConsumer>index-archive-toc</unprocessedConsumer>
       <unprocessedConsumer>update-db-bytecode-stats</
unprocessedConsumer>
       <unprocessedConsumer>index-public-methods</unprocessedConsumer>
     </unprocessedConsumers>
     <cleanupConsumers>
       <cleanupConsumer>not-present-remove-db-artifact</cleanupConsumer>
       <cleanupConsumer>not-present-remove-db-project</cleanupConsumer>
       <cleanupConsumer>not-present-remove-indexed</cleanupConsumer>
     </cleanupConsumers>
   </databaseScanning>
   <webapp>
     <ui>
       <showFindArtifacts>true</showFindArtifacts>
       <appletFindEnabled>true</appletFindEnabled>
     </ui>
   </webapp>
   <repositories>
     <repository>
       <id>central</id>
       <name>Central Repository</name>
       <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
       <indexed>false</indexed>
     </repository>
     <repository>
       <id>maven2-repository.dev.java.net</id>
       <name>Java.net Repository for Maven 2</name>
       <url>http://download.java.net/maven/2/</url>
       <indexed>false</indexed>
     </repository>
     <repository>
       <id>snapshots</id>
       <name>Archiva Managed Snapshot Repository</name>
       <url>file:/volume2/maven2-snapshots/</url>
       <snapshots>true</snapshots>
       <refreshCronExpression>0 0 00 * ?</refreshCronExpression>
     </repository>
     <repository>
       <id>internal</id>
       <name>Archiva Managed Internal Repository</name>
       <url>file:/volume2/maven2/</url>
       <refreshCronExpression>0 0 0 * * ?</refreshCronExpression>
     </repository>
   </repositories>
   <proxyConnectors>
     <proxyConnector>
       <sourceRepoId>internal</sourceRepoId>
       <targetRepoId>maven2-repository.dev.java.net</targetRepoId>
       <proxyId/>
       <whiteListPatterns>
         <whiteListPattern>javax/**</whiteListPattern>
       </whiteListPatterns>
       <policies>
         <releases>once</releases>
         <checksum>fix</checksum>
         <snapshots>disabled</snapshots>
         <cache-failures>cache</cache-failures>
       </policies>
     </proxyConnector>
     <proxyConnector>
       <sourceRepoId>internal</sourceRepoId>
       <targetRepoId>central</targetRepoId>
       <whiteListPatterns>
         <whiteListPattern>*</whiteListPattern>
         <whiteListPattern>*</whiteListPattern>
       </whiteListPatterns>
       <policies>
         <cache-failures>ignored</cache-failures>
         <releases>once</releases>
         <snapshots>disabled</snapshots>
         <checksum>fix</checksum>
       </policies>