archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does Archiva help control the artifacts that developers use?
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2007 00:44:41 GMT
On 6/9/07, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that's a planned feature.

Can you explain the planned feature a bit more?

There's occasionally talk of making sure developers use only approved
artifacts in their builds... but that's always accompanied by a
"sandbox" where unapproved artifacts can go.  Once an artifact is in
the developers local repository (after building some experimental
project,) I don't see a way to restrict it from being used in another
build.

> It's currently possible only in
> terms that any intermediatary can be used to control the content used.

Do you mean an intermediary between Archiva and the developers?  I don't get it.

--
Wendy