archiva-users mailing list archives

From Martin Ahrer <martin.ah...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Usage of ${appserver.home} in ~/.m2/archiva.xml
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 19:22:46 GMT

I have set both properties through CATALINA_OPTS, here is how I start Tomcat
on a win32 machine!

@set CATALINA_OPTS=-Dappserver.home=d:\temp\home
-Dappserver.base=d:\temp\base
@cd d:\temp\apache-tomcat-5.5.23
@mkdir d:\temp\home\
@mkdir d:\temp\base\logs
@d:\temp\apache-tomcat-5.5.23\bin\startup.bat

The appserver.home property is accepted, archiva creates a repository named
"internal" inside this directory. However, the appserver.base is
particularly ignored, the archiva.log file is going to this path BUT still
the TOMCAT_HOME/${appserver.base}\logs folder is created and it contains the
file audit.log

For comparing this I have also deployed continuum and noticed a similar
behaviour, TOMCAT_HOME/${appserver.base}\logs folder is created but stays
empty!

Hope this helps to diagnose and fix! I mean it's not a major issue but
strange!

Thanks
  Martin