archiva-users mailing list archives

From "nicolas de loof" <nicolas.del...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven and Archiva in a corporate environment
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:58:30 GMT
2007/4/20, Arnaud HERITIER <aheritier@gmail.com>:

> Hi Nico,
>
>   Thanks for your feedback.
>   I have effectively the same problem if I use my proxy-all repo.
>   I followed the threads about risks on plugins updates and I agree that
> it
> is better to define the list of validated plugins (in a parent pom for
> example). The problem is to maintain this pom because I can't ask to the
> dev
> teams to do it themself. I don't yet begin to create one but I think I
> will...
>   I'm feeling at ease to know that I'm not the only one to have those
> problems ;-)

I've started to write my "corporate POM" to include those plugin version
fix.
I plan to write a robot to get all current maven + mojo plugins versions
from repo1 and include them as pluginManagement. That beeing done, I can
expect less plugin issues...

Someone suggested to add support in the release plugin to set all plugins
version used when building the release. This would be a nice way to solve
this with few impact on existing maven builds.

Arnaud

> PS: I tested all the patchs for m1 with the trunk and it's working fine.
> I'll commit them soon.

Great, My archiva snapshot build will be be in sync with SVN ... until
MRM-320 is solved !