archiva-users mailing list archives

From "M Wurm" <m...@gmx.net>
Subject How do Archiva Proxied Repositories work?
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:25:08 GMT
Hi there,

I've set up Archiva and (almost everything) works fine. I can retrieve
artifacts I deployed manually, can deploy artifacts via webdav, but
proxied repositories don't seem to work.

Now I wanted to ask how Archiva proxies a repository. Somewhere I've
read Archiva loads artifacts from demand, so I guess it recognizes a
HTTP GET on a directory that doesn't exists and tries to retrieve that
artifact from one of the repositories listed under "proxied
repositories". Is this correct?

If so, how is the proxied repository being accessed? Via http? Or is
rsync used in some way? I need to specify a http proxy (which I did in
the Archiva settings), but rsync is disabled on the machine that hosts
Archiva. Can this be a problem?

I'm proxying http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ but can't get it work.
Maven tells me it could not download a dependency via my managed
repository and falls back to the default repository.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Matthias