archiva-users mailing list archives

From lastrada <5tr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proxying repositories
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:14:42 GMT

Thx Wendy,

So what I have set up is an Archiva repository with proxies for the N
repositories used by the open source project. In my maven settings I have a
profile that references the Archiva repository as follows:

	<profile>
        <id>Archiva Repository</id>
        <activation>
          <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
        </activation>

        <repositories>
          <repository>
			  <id>Archiva</id>
			  <name>Archiva repostiory</name>
			  <url>http://myhost:8080/archiva/repository/xyz</url>
			  <releases>
				<enabled>true</enabled>
			  </releases>
			  <snapshots>
				<enabled>true</enabled>
			  </snapshots>
		  </repository>
        </repositories>

        <pluginRepositories>
          <pluginRepository>
              <id>Archiva</id>
			  <name>Archiva repostiory</name>
			  <url>http://myhost:8080/archiva/repository/xyz</url>
			  <releases>
				<enabled>false</enabled>
			  </releases>
			  <snapshots>
				<enabled>true</enabled>
			  </snapshots>
          </pluginRepository>
        </pluginRepositories>
      </profile>

I was hoping that all dependency requests made by the os project would now
be proxied through Archiva, but it seems to circumvent it and still go
straight to the other repositories directly. Is there something else I need
to add  to make it always defer to archiva? Do i need to set up an http
proxy too? Thanks with your help on this

rgds,

ls