archiva-users mailing list archives

From Markus Reil <markus.r...@mindmatics.de>
Subject Re: Access denied WebDAV repository
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:11:29 GMT
Hi,

artifact browsing works fine.
A newly created user cannot do direct webdav browsing although he has
the "Repository Observer" role. In a web browser I have to enter my
credentials and I get "Access denied" every time.
With Maven I get the following message:
INFO: Already tried to authenticate with 'Repository local'
authentication realm at xxx.xxxxx.xx, but still receiving: HTTP/1.1 401
Authorization Denied.

When I make "Guest" a "Repository Observer" i can do direct webdav browsing.

Now my question is: what is the difference between "Guest" with
"Repository Observer" role and a new user with "Repository Observer"
role? Why can one of them access the webdav repository and the other one
cannot? Does it have to do with "User Validation" (the "Validated" flag
is not set for the new user)?

Thanks,
Markus