archiva-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From drekka <derek.clark...@aegeon.com.au>
Subject Re: Giving up on Archiva
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 06:30:31 GMT

Thanks Michael, that worked. How silly of me ;-) I've added my experiences to
the wiki as per my other post. It would be good I think if the Maven site
maintainers could put a little more emphasis on the wiki on the main Archiva
site as it's not that easy to get to because the doco I looked at didn't
link to it.

ciao
Derek 



Michael Horwitz wrote:
> 
> O.K. I see the problem - please see below....
> 
> On 1/6/07, drekka <derek.clarkson@aegeon.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Thanks for replying guys. I apologise if my post is rather in your face.
>> I
>> was a bit frustrated. Anyway. The reason I was trying achiva is that I've
>> been tasked with assessing maven for our systems and we need to have
>> company
>> repositories so that locally developed APIs/?? can be stored. For
>> example:
>>
>> My PC:
>> 1. Download missing jars from LAN Proxy.
>> 2. Deploy finished Jars to LAN repository.
>>
>> LAN Proxy/Repository:
>> 1. If request for jar is in LAN Repository then send it back to my PC.
>> 2. If request for jar from my PC is not in LAN repository, download from
>> "central", store in LAN repository, then send to my PC.
>>
>> So I setup achiva using the command line version, created a repository
>> with
>> an id = "aegeon", name = "aegeon" and directory
>> ="/home/maven-repository/aegeon".
>>
>> I then added a proxy entry name = "maven-proxy" url =
>> "http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2", local repository = "aegeon(aegeon)"
>>
>> Then I copied the junit repository directories from my .m2/repository
>> area
>> up to the server's /home/maven-respository/aegeon directory so I could
>> test
>> the retrieval.
>>
>> I then added the following to my pom:
>>
>> <repositories>
>>         <repository>
>>                 <id>aegeon</id>
>>                 <name>Aegeon repository</name>
>>                 <url>http://192.168.0.133:2222/repository/aegeon</url>
>>                 <releases>
>>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>>                 </releases>
>>                 <snapshots>
>>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>>                 </snapshots>
>>                 </repository>
>> </repositories>
>>
>> I deleted my local .m2/repository/junit directory and executed (via
>> eclipse)
>> the maven compile target. This worked perfectly, I saw logging messages
>> indicating that maven was retrieving the junit directories from the
>> repository I had setup.
>>
>> I deleted the .m2/repository/junit directories again and changed the pom
>> to:
>>
>> <repositories>
>>         <repository>
>>                 <id>aegeon</id>
>>                 <name>Aegeon repository</name>
>>                 <url>http://192.168.0.133:2222/proxy/maven-proxy</url>
>>                 <releases>
>>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>>                 </releases>
>>                 <snapshots>
>>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>>                 </snapshots>
>>                 </repository>
>> </repositories>
> 
> 
> This drove me mad for ages as well - the documentation could use some
> fixing
> up.  Basically proxies are only available (I think?) via the repository
> they
> proxy on. So above the URL http://192.168.0.133:2222/repository/aegeon is
> actually accessing the WEBDAV/authenticated repository with no proxies and
> the URL http://192.168.0.133:2222/proxy/aegeon (note: NOT maven-proxy at
> the
> end) would access the aegeon repository AND all its proxies. The later is
> the URL you should stick in your poms/settings.xml and all should work as
> expected. Perhaps someone on the Archiva team could post some
> clarifications
> as to the expected behaviour of the various URL's?
> 
> Mike
> 
> This time, I saw messages in the archiva log indicating it was looking for
>> junit and failing to find it. My local maven build then drew it down from
>> "central" itself.
>>
>> I tried a number of other things, such as setting the repository/proxy up
>> in
>> the mirrors section of my settings.xml, setting them as overrides of
>> "central" which of course just resulted in a total build failure because
>> then it could not find junit at all ;-).
>>
>> ciao
>> Derek
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://www.nabble.com/Giving-up-on-Archiva-tf2923923.html#a8190935
>> Sent from the archiva-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>>
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Giving-up-on-Archiva-tf2923923.html#a8213335
Sent from the archiva-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message