archiva-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From drekka <derek.clark...@aegeon.com.au>
Subject Re: Giving up on Archiva
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 04:48:02 GMT

Thanks Mike,

I don't have the time to check right now, but I'm sure I remember seeing
doco that suggested (or at least that's how I read it) that I had to use the
proxy name. I'll give it a go tomorrow when I get back into work. I agree
that the doco is not the best. Seems to be an issue with a lot of software
coming out recently. I was thinking of updating the wilki pages myself if I
can get this working. The area of getting started needs to have both the
"working with web servers..." and "running it standalone" there. Especially
the later as that appears the be the only way to get it working with a fair
amount of configuring and playing around. I'll certainly be adding a comment
to the jetty one about the missing file and that it may not work even after
that. However I can't be definitive as I'm not familiar with jetty. 

ciao
Derek



Michael Horwitz wrote:
> 
> O.K. I see the problem - please see below....
> 
> On 1/6/07, drekka <derek.clarkson@aegeon.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Thanks for replying guys. I apologise if my post is rather in your face.
>> I
>> was a bit frustrated. Anyway. The reason I was trying achiva is that I've
>> been tasked with assessing maven for our systems and we need to have
>> company
>> repositories so that locally developed APIs/?? can be stored. For
>> example:
>>
>> My PC:
>> 1. Download missing jars from LAN Proxy.
>> 2. Deploy finished Jars to LAN repository.
>>
>> LAN Proxy/Repository:
>> 1. If request for jar is in LAN Repository then send it back to my PC.
>> 2. If request for jar from my PC is not in LAN repository, download from
>> "central", store in LAN repository, then send to my PC.
>>
>> So I setup achiva using the command line version, created a repository
>> with
>> an id = "aegeon", name = "aegeon" and directory
>> ="/home/maven-repository/aegeon".
>>
>> I then added a proxy entry name = "maven-proxy" url =
>> "http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2", local repository = "aegeon(aegeon)"
>>
>> Then I copied the junit repository directories from my .m2/repository
>> area
>> up to the server's /home/maven-respository/aegeon directory so I could
>> test
>> the retrieval.
>>
>> I then added the following to my pom:
>>
>> <repositories>
>>         <repository>
>>                 <id>aegeon</id>
>>                 <name>Aegeon repository</name>
>>                 <url>http://192.168.0.133:2222/repository/aegeon</url>
>>                 <releases>
>>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>>                 </releases>
>>                 <snapshots>
>>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>>                 </snapshots>
>>                 </repository>
>> </repositories>
>>
>> I deleted my local .m2/repository/junit directory and executed (via
>> eclipse)
>> the maven compile target. This worked perfectly, I saw logging messages
>> indicating that maven was retrieving the junit directories from the
>> repository I had setup.
>>
>> I deleted the .m2/repository/junit directories again and changed the pom
>> to:
>>
>> <repositories>
>>         <repository>
>>                 <id>aegeon</id>
>>                 <name>Aegeon repository</name>
>>                 <url>http://192.168.0.133:2222/proxy/maven-proxy</url>
>>                 <releases>
>>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>>                 </releases>
>>                 <snapshots>
>>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>>                 </snapshots>
>>                 </repository>
>> </repositories>
> 
> 
> This drove me mad for ages as well - the documentation could use some
> fixing
> up.  Basically proxies are only available (I think?) via the repository
> they
> proxy on. So above the URL http://192.168.0.133:2222/repository/aegeon is
> actually accessing the WEBDAV/authenticated repository with no proxies and
> the URL http://192.168.0.133:2222/proxy/aegeon (note: NOT maven-proxy at
> the
> end) would access the aegeon repository AND all its proxies. The later is
> the URL you should stick in your poms/settings.xml and all should work as
> expected. Perhaps someone on the Archiva team could post some
> clarifications
> as to the expected behaviour of the various URL's?
> 
> Mike
> 
> This time, I saw messages in the archiva log indicating it was looking for
>> junit and failing to find it. My local maven build then drew it down from
>> "central" itself.
>>
>> I tried a number of other things, such as setting the repository/proxy up
>> in
>> the mirrors section of my settings.xml, setting them as overrides of
>> "central" which of course just resulted in a total build failure because
>> then it could not find junit at all ;-).
>>
>> ciao
>> Derek
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://www.nabble.com/Giving-up-on-Archiva-tf2923923.html#a8190935
>> Sent from the archiva-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>>
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Giving-up-on-Archiva-tf2923923.html#a8201599
Sent from the archiva-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message