archiva-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Michael Horwitz" <mike.horw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Giving up on Archiva
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 09:10:33 GMT
O.K. I see the problem - please see below....

On 1/6/07, drekka <derek.clarkson@aegeon.com.au> wrote:
>
>
> Thanks for replying guys. I apologise if my post is rather in your face. I
> was a bit frustrated. Anyway. The reason I was trying achiva is that I've
> been tasked with assessing maven for our systems and we need to have
> company
> repositories so that locally developed APIs/?? can be stored. For example:
>
> My PC:
> 1. Download missing jars from LAN Proxy.
> 2. Deploy finished Jars to LAN repository.
>
> LAN Proxy/Repository:
> 1. If request for jar is in LAN Repository then send it back to my PC.
> 2. If request for jar from my PC is not in LAN repository, download from
> "central", store in LAN repository, then send to my PC.
>
> So I setup achiva using the command line version, created a repository
> with
> an id = "aegeon", name = "aegeon" and directory
> ="/home/maven-repository/aegeon".
>
> I then added a proxy entry name = "maven-proxy" url =
> "http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2", local repository = "aegeon(aegeon)"
>
> Then I copied the junit repository directories from my .m2/repository area
> up to the server's /home/maven-respository/aegeon directory so I could
> test
> the retrieval.
>
> I then added the following to my pom:
>
> <repositories>
>         <repository>
>                 <id>aegeon</id>
>                 <name>Aegeon repository</name>
>                 <url>http://192.168.0.133:2222/repository/aegeon</url>
>                 <releases>
>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>                 </releases>
>                 <snapshots>
>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>                 </snapshots>
>                 </repository>
> </repositories>
>
> I deleted my local .m2/repository/junit directory and executed (via
> eclipse)
> the maven compile target. This worked perfectly, I saw logging messages
> indicating that maven was retrieving the junit directories from the
> repository I had setup.
>
> I deleted the .m2/repository/junit directories again and changed the pom
> to:
>
> <repositories>
>         <repository>
>                 <id>aegeon</id>
>                 <name>Aegeon repository</name>
>                 <url>http://192.168.0.133:2222/proxy/maven-proxy</url>
>                 <releases>
>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>                 </releases>
>                 <snapshots>
>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>                 </snapshots>
>                 </repository>
> </repositories>


This drove me mad for ages as well - the documentation could use some fixing
up.  Basically proxies are only available (I think?) via the repository they
proxy on. So above the URL http://192.168.0.133:2222/repository/aegeon is
actually accessing the WEBDAV/authenticated repository with no proxies and
the URL http://192.168.0.133:2222/proxy/aegeon (note: NOT maven-proxy at the
end) would access the aegeon repository AND all its proxies. The later is
the URL you should stick in your poms/settings.xml and all should work as
expected. Perhaps someone on the Archiva team could post some clarifications
as to the expected behaviour of the various URL's?

Mike

This time, I saw messages in the archiva log indicating it was looking for
> junit and failing to find it. My local maven build then drew it down from
> "central" itself.
>
> I tried a number of other things, such as setting the repository/proxy up
> in
> the mirrors section of my settings.xml, setting them as overrides of
> "central" which of course just resulted in a total build failure because
> then it could not find junit at all ;-).
>
> ciao
> Derek
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://www.nabble.com/Giving-up-on-Archiva-tf2923923.html#a8190935
> Sent from the archiva-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message