archiva-users mailing list archives

From Aaron.Digu...@Globus.ch
Subject Proxy settings
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:19:00 GMT
Hello,

We're using maven for internal development. Since the internet as a whole
and our connection to it especially are not always reliable (for example,
a new version of a virus checker sometimes starts to block out maven
downloads), we wanted to use Archiva as a local cache of the central maven
repositories.

As it is right now, I have to configure each repository individually. What
we would prefer is a setting which makes Archiva the default proxy for
maven so all external connections are made over it.

This would allow us to keep local copies of all artefacts so internet
outages wouldn't affect us anymore. Also, we could fix broken packages
locally. Ideally, there should be two caches: One with stable version for
development and one which can update itself with the current versions from
the internet.

Is this possible?

Regards,

--