archiva-users mailing list archives

From Cliff <ccr...@gbg.com>
Subject Archiva on Jetty 6
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:40:33 GMT

Hello,

I'm trying to setup Archiva on Jetty6 and I'm having some trouble. Here's
what I've done so far:

* built Archiva from source using the M2 pom.
* successfully started archiva on my local machine using the embedded jetty
instrcutions from the archiva site
* shut down archiva on my local machine
* installed/expanded the Jetty6 zip on my shared server.
* copied the archiva war file into the Jetty6 web-apps folder
* reconfigured Jetty6's "etc/jetty.xml" to bind to port 8397 (I have an
existing Jetty 5 instance running on 8080 hosting the old Maven proxy I'm
looking to replace)
* start Jetty6 from $JETTY_HOME using the distributed shell under
$JETTY_HOME/bin (the command was "bin/jetty start etc/jetty.xml")
* pointed my browser to my new Jetty6 instance on 8397

At this point I get an error:
HTTP ERROR: 404

Caught Exception while registering Interceptor class
pssForceAdminUserInterceptor

RequestURI=/archiva-webapp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/index.action
Caused by:

Caught Exception while registering Interceptor class
pssForceAdminUserInterceptor - [unknown location]
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.PlexusObjectFactory.buildInterceptor(PlexusObjectFactory.java:134)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.InterceptorBuilder.constructInterceptorReference(InterceptorBuilder.java:48)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.lookupInterceptorReference(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:702)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadInterceptorStack(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:569)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadInterceptorStacks(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:582)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadInterceptors(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:603)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.addPackage(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:204)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadConfigurationFile(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:676)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadConfigurationFile(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:679)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.init(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:91)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(DefaultConfiguration.java:85)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:54)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.(DefaultActionProxy.java:57)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(DefaultActionProxyFactory.java:46)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils.serviceAction(DispatcherUtils.java:216)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:202)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1060)
	at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
	at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1060)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextCleanUp.java:88)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1060)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:231)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:682)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:390)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:149)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:123)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:141)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:446)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:740)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:500)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:346)
	at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:329)
	at
org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)
Caused by: org.jpox.exceptions.ConnectionFactoryNotFoundException:
Connection Factory "java:comp/env/jdbc/users" not found
NestedThrowables:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException; remaining name 'env/jdbc/users'

I see that the instructions for deploying on Tomcat mention the
configuration of a data source and I believe that is my problem. I'm asking
here because I want to make sure that I'm not missing something else. Also,
I'm hoping someone can walk me thorugh setting up the DataSource in Jetty6
since I'm not too familiar with it. Thanx in advance...