archiva-users mailing list archives

From Peter.Pilg...@ubs.com
Subject RE: Reset Archiva Repository to Default
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:29:10 GMT

I did not see this `bin' directory under `tomcat' under Catalina.
So I don't know exactly where everything is stored.

In fact it would be a good idea to document this "secret" storage
because
that was obviously stopping me using the in-house Apache HTTPD/Tomcat
combination here at UBS. This is because a `catalina.policy' is used
to lock down the security file access. One cannot punch a hole in it
if we don't know what Archiva is doing behind the scenes with OS file
access.

Instead I deployed a normal apache Tomcat 5.5.17 to the box solely for
Archiva
to work out of the box. After I used the HTTP proxy settings on the
Administraion
and now I see the whole repository. If Archiva cannot see the
`maven-metadata.xml'
inside the local repo then it goes to Iblibio central to get it.

Where in the entire Maven source code is the part reads and writes
``maven-metadata.xml''?

--
Peter Pilgrim
UBS Investment Bank,