archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Allison, Bob" <robert.alli...@qwest.com>
Subject Need Some Basic Help, I Think
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 21:29:39 GMT
I am trying to get Archiva to work, and am having problems I can't
solve.  I am hoping that someone can see what I am doing wrong and help
me get this working.  I had downloaded the source and built it at the
end of August, but am just trying to get it working.  (I am currently
downloading the current code in case that has something to do with my
problems.)

I installed a new Tomcat 5.5 instance (running on
"http://www.home.net:8082/") and deployed the web application to it as
"/archiva".  I created just one managed repository named "remote".  I
added one proxied repository named "central" with a URL of
"http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2".  In my settings.xml file, I defined a
mirror of "central" with a URL of
"http://www.home.net:8082/archiva/proxy" (I have also tried adding
"/remote" to the end of the URL).

Every time I try to build something in Maven with the mirror defined
(and no local repository), I get a build failure because no plugins can
be found.  The build works fine if the mirror to central is not defined.
If I try to access
"http://www.home.net:8082/archiva/proxy/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-m
etadata.xml" in my browser, I get a 404 error.  If I access
"http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-metadata.x
ml" in my browser, I get the XML file.

Anybody got an idea of what I am doing wrong?