archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Mohni, Daniel" <daniel.mo...@ch.unisys.com>
Subject RE: Getting started with archiva ... still
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 07:57:23 GMT
Hi Dirk

looking at the plexus.sh I found a source of problem...

<snip>
if [ -z "$JAVA_HOME" ] ; then
  if [ -e /etc/gentoo-release ] ; then
    JAVA_HOME=`java-config --jre-home`
  fi
fi
</snip>

as I only have a windows machine I can not check that part but
you defenitly need JAVA_HOME to be set to the JDK and not the JRE.

The JRE doesn't have the tools.jar in windows...

<snip>
if [ -z "$JAVACMD" ] ; then
  if [ -n "$JAVA_HOME"  ] ; then
    if [ -x "$JAVA_HOME/jre/sh/java" ] ; then
      # IBM's JDK on AIX uses strange locations for the executables
      JAVACMD="$JAVA_HOME/jre/sh/java"
    else
      JAVACMD="$JAVA_HOME/bin/java"
    fi
  else
    JAVACMD=java
  fi
fi
</snip>

this may also be a problem depending on the java.sh used
-> maybe '$JAVA_HOME/jre/sh/java' is setting another classpath
   as '$JAVA_HOME/jre/sh/java'

HtH

Daniel