archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Mohni, Daniel" <daniel.mo...@ch.unisys.com>
Subject AW: working war for testing
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:56:55 GMT
Hello Brett,

I was tweaking with tomcat a little bit to get the embeddedDerby driver to work, as a
result I have a archiva.xml that I copy to $tomcat_home$/conf/Catalina/localhost

I put the generated war somewhere on the drive and reference the war using the docbase attribute

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="/archiva"
    docBase="C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/archiva/archiva-webapp-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war">

        <Resource name="jdbc/users" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            username="archiva"
            password="archiva"
            driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
            url="jdbc:derby:webapps/archiva/WEB-INF/db;create=true"
           />
</Context>

now archiva will be deployed after the next start of tomcat and everything looks fine from
a tomcat starting point...

looking at localhost:8080/archiva the screen looks realy strange (look at the screenshot)

or here is a sample

<%-- ~ Copyright 2005-2006 The Codehaus. ~ ~ Licensed under the Apache License, Version
2.0 (the "License"); ~ you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. ~
You may obtain a copy of the License at ~ ~ http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 ~ ~
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software ~ distributed under the
License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, ~ WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND,
either express or implied. ~ See the License for the specific language governing permissions
and ~ limitations under the License. --%> <%@ taglib uri="/webwork" prefix="ww" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>     Login - Register
    Welcome,    ${sessionScope.securityUser.username}   ${sessionScope.securityUser.username}
   Unknown User    - Logout  <%-- Admin Functions --%>  [ ADMIN   User List <%--
|  Role List  |  Role Create  --%>  ]

this is what I see in the header part

Any hints on this point...

thanks for putting me on track