archiva-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject Re: maven1 doesn't download artifacts from Archiva...
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:04:17 GMT

I was wrong in this diagnostic.

Sounds like a Wagon bug : When artifact doesn't exists, maven ask for
last-modified = 0
Archiva response has no last-modified header, so wagon uses lastModified=0

The response content is extracted from HTTP response only if (timestamp
< lastModified).

-> This is a Wagon HTTP provider bug. It should consider long
lastModified = Long.MAX_VALUE; as default

-> To be compatible with existing maven, Archiva should send a
Last-Modified header. No idea what value to send. Idealy, the
last-modified date of the artifact in the proxied repo would be the best.