archiva-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject using archiva as a maven1 repo proxy...
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:18:30 GMT

Two questions about archiva support for maven1 repository requests :

1. How does archiva extracts artifactId / version from maven1 request ?
I have created a quick & dirty converter for my repo and wanted to use
the ibilio regexp to convert, but I got issues for artifact which
artifact ID has multiple parts separated by "-". I solved it by not
useing regexp but parsing the name for "-" and searchnig the first
element starting with a digit char, but it fails for
"groovy-1.0-jsr-06.jar" (version found is "1.0-jsr-06")

2. Could archiva support relocation for maven1 request ?
As maven1 has no relocation mecanism, it would be great to avoid muliple
artifacts for same jar (let's say servletapi...) and use maven2
relocation to automagically convert
"/servletapi/jars/servletapi-2.5.jar" to
"/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.5/servlet-api-2.5.jar". This requires
archiva proxy to be not a simple proxy, but also a maven2 agent and
search for POM when looking for an artifact...