archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: github pull requests
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 04:48:30 GMT
Hi Martin
What you can do is to test the pr locally as a branch.
So if github is your github remote you can do: (look at the output of git
remote -v)
git fetch github pull/$ID/head:$BRANCHNAME
with $ID the pull request id and $BRANCHNAME with pr-$ID
then git checkout pr-$ID
check the changes etc...
then:
* git checkout master
* git merge $BRANCHNAME
verify the merge (shouldn't be a problem if github has marked the pr as no
conflict)
* git push origin master (if origin is the apache git repo)

Well I know this could be documented in the web site :-)

--
Olivier Lamy