archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Martin <marti...@apache.org>
Subject JPA Implementation
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 20:11:54 GMT
Hi Olivier,

I didn't have much time the last month, so no much work has be done the last
time on the JPA implementation.
But the last days I think I managed to fit the implementation to the existing
database schema of the JDO implementation. My first tests with an existing JDO
database did not show any errors. But currently I do not know, if the schema
differs for other database backends (Oracle, mysql, ...).
My last commit on the JPA branch removed the maven dependencies on the JDO
implementations, because I changed the datasource of the JPA implementation to
the same as the JDO implementation and that means both cannot be run
simultaneously.
Before that, using both parallel worked because they were connected to
different databases.

So I'm not sure how to proceed. The merge into the master branch means a big
change and may lead to problems / incompatibilities that are currently not
known. And after removing the JDO implementation there is no (fast) way back.
But in my opinion that needs to be done.

One thing that is currently not migrated is the JdoDataManagementTool. I think
that is used for backups, but I'm not sure, if it is/was used anywhere. If you
think it's used, I will investigate it, but creating a JPA implementation with
the same XML schema may be a big task.

So if it's OK, I would try cleanup the last remaining JDO dependencies, delete
the JDO projects from the git tree and make the JPA branch ready for merging
into the master branch. If you think we should do more testing, or if you like
to do a code review, tell me.

Greetings and a healthy start into the new year.

Martin