archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Martin <marti...@apache.org>
Subject Authenticator change
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 18:00:46 GMT
Hi Olivier,

I think my last commits to the master that should improve the error handling,
if LDAP is not configured properly, shifted the problem to a new location.

The LDAP authentication is not mandatory, if I see this correctly.

Problem is, that if LDAP is not configured correctly a autowiring exception
occurs at the next start, because the LdapConnectionFactory cannot be
initialized. Which leads to a complete startup failure. I'm not sure, if this
was the case before my commit.

I think exceptions during autowiring, are only OK for mandatory beans, but the
LDAPAuthenticator is not mandatory.
My fix needs a new method isValid() of the Authenticator and
LdapConnectionFactory-Interfaces.
I added the fix to a new branch 'validauth' for review. Could you please
check, if this is the right way.
The unit tests are not checked in this branch. I will adapt them, if you agree
to the implementation.

Greetings

Martin