archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [IMPORTANT NOTICE] Jira migration from Codehaus to Apache on April 4th
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 02:56:33 GMT
Hi,
As you probably know Codehaus will be shutdown soon [1].
So we need to migrate our jira project to Apache instance.

We'll create the exact same Jira projects at ASF  than what we have at
Codehaus, copy the whole content and mark Codehaus read-only.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9116

How will username migration from Codehaus to ASF happen?

When migrating existing content, user accounts will be migrated too (that's
the way Jira works).

To avoid creating accounts that already exist at Apache, matching will be
done
on account's e-mail address. The mapping will look something like:

for each e-mail/username pair in the Codehaus content
  if the email is associated with a user in the ASF Jira instance, reuse:
    update the username from imported content to the ASF username
  else we'll create a new account in the ASF Jira instance:
    if the username already exists in the ASF Jira instance (another email)
      update the imported username to append -[SUFFIX] to the end
    else
      use the imported username/email as is

The exact [SUFFIX] still needs to be defined.

If you want to be sure of your username at Apache Jira, please take a look
at
your e-mail at Codehaus and check that it matches the e-mail at your Apache
Jira account.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask.

We'll keep you informed as the operation is planned more in details.

Cheers
--
The Archiva Team

[1] http://www.codehaus.org/